Independence Days Update
My Independence Days Update.
You can find Sharon’s update here with other updates in the comment section.
1.Plant something - More cucumbers and tomatoes have been placed in the garden. I planted Henderson Limas and the zucchini to feed the nation. The limas have sprouted and I love the little lima children.
The potato, corn and green beans are up.
Some of our peppers are blooming.
2. Harvest something - We harvested all sort of lettuce, green onion, radishes and herbs
3. Preserve something - I dried several herbs this past week.
4. Prep something- I got information on growing upside down tomatoes which I am going to try. You can see what a great idea by going to Eclectic Edibles
5. Cook something - Always cooking but have been a bit lame on the subject since getting my new high speed. I can’t even explain the freedom I feel without being bound with dialup.
6. Manage your reserves- Spent much time with newspapers and checking local sales since I always stock up sale items when taking my shopping trips. When it takes an hour to drive to stock up we make the trip as little as possible. I am bad about just circling things on the flyers and carry them with me and not making lists. My organization skills could use some tips and patience on this. We weeded the flour beds and gardens.
7. Work on local food systems - Afraid not this week. I intend to look into a local stand that supplies local fresh eggs and take a visit to a local working meal for flour (correction I meant to say working mill not working meal here…do I have food on the brain or what!). Not enough time in my days.
I’ll leave this post with some beautiful flowers blooming at my home right now.