My sis is coming to visit a few days and we both love eggnog, so I whipped up this very easy nog. Yummy!
3 cups Milk
1 cup Heavy Cream
1 cup Sugar
½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
½ teaspoon Salt
Nutmeg to taste
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together 1 cup sugar and ½ teaspoon salt.
2. Crack 6 eggs into the mixing bowl and whisk very well until homogeneous.
3. Pour 3 cups of milk into a large pot and turn the heat up to medium.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the milk and whisk very quickly.
5. Continuously whisk while it heats up. You want to get the mixture to about 150 to 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you have a food thermometer you can keep track of the heat that way, but if you do not have one simply heat
the mixture until you start to see a little steam, then give it another 30 to 60 seconds to cook while whisking.
You will notice that it thickens a bit and becomes smooth. It will take about 5 minutes.
6. Take the pot off the heat as soon as the proper temperature is reached. Add 1 cup of cream and ½ teaspoon
vanilla extract. (you may add a little nutmeg at this point if desired) Stir well.
7. Put into a bowl or pitcher and refrigerate until it is cold and thick. (around 8 hours)
8. When ready to serve, stir or shake the eggnog, pour into serving glasses. Dust with nutmeg.
06 Nov 2014 Leave a comment