Sharon’s update with other updates in the comment section can be found here
1.Plant something – more green beans
The potatoes are blooming, some of our Blue Lake green beans are blooming and we will soon have summer squash.
2. Harvest something – cabbage, zucchinni, lots of herbs, hot peppers.
3. Preserve something – frozen bread for bread crumbs, frozen herbs
4. Prep something – nothing but…( getting instructions for a small green house.)
5. Cook something – new! Zucchinni Blossoms . Read about it here.
6. Manage your reserves- ..Managing my raport with my neighbors, I guess that qualifies as a reserve since I have been working on it for a while.
Using more of my crab apple jelly in this ice cream.I have got to get that jelly used up because our crab apple trees are full this year.
small sample view of crab apples
7. Work on local food systems – More hay for neighbors beef cattle. I don’t believe he could mow without a tractor. Neither could we. (but we could build a fench and put cattle in to graze someday if necessary)
8. Manage waste- Still throwing on compost heap .
9. Learn something new – How to stuff Zucchini blossoms .
Biggest Independence- Freedom, I stopped attending a local church because of this man standing behind a pulpit and pointing out “others sins” when he wasn’t a bit better than anyone else.