Our 4th weekend went well. Our quiet island in our back yard went from this –
To this –
While we had so much to eat, one of the main attractions besides the fireworks
was this potato salad that I made.
I am posting it here so I don’t ever loose the recipe.
I got it from allrecipes.com( link to site at bottom of post), although I changed it up to include boiled egg, red peppers, and a bit more dressing and mayo.
It was such a hit along with the backyard camping.
How many people can say they have such a great camp site right in their own backyard? Not many I believe.
It is a task frying bacon for a crowd on a three burner stove.
But on with the star recipe – ( I meant to add that this only serves about 8 people so if you have a large crowd double or triple the recipe)
Tangy Dill Potato Salad
* 3 pounds new potatoes — scrubbed and
* 1/2 cup Italian-style salad dressing
* 3/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup chopped green onions
* 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
* 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the salad dressing, mayonnaise, green onions, dill, mustard, lemon juice, and pepper. When the potatoes are cooled, stir into the bowl until coated. Refrigerate for a couple of hours to blend flavors before serving.
source – allrecipes.com